Normalization of Donation Weaponskills

You know....For things that are...General
kayrah
Donator
Donator

Normalization of Donation Weaponskills

Post by kayrah » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:14 pm

After a recent discussion in TehSocial, it seems like there is substantial interest in re-normalizing the donation weaponskills.

It seemed to get traction in the discussion, so hopefully we can get something visible here. Many of these buffs are changes made when the server was in a different place but have lingered around since after we became more retail-like.

Weaponskills in question (listed is how these are currently implemented):

Resolution = spinning slash rather than Guillotine
Entropy = dex mod instead of mnd mod (Guillotine)
Cloudsplitter = more than 2x fTP bonus, 1.1x attack bonus than Rampage
Realmrazer = 1.1x attack bonus over its Hexa Strike
Tachi:Shoha = 2.5x attack multi instead of 1.5x, crazy fTP scaling compared to tachi: kasha
Upheaval = 1.25x attack multi compared to raging rush's 1x
Requiescat = 2x STR mod over Vorpal Blade

I have all the scripts for the normalizaton built and ready, all that would need to happen is implementation.

Hopefully this gets as much traction here as it did in TehSocial.

Sonata

Re: Normalization of Donation Weaponskills

Post by Sonata » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:03 pm

How am i supposed to kill AV with my bst army with you nerfing cloudsplitter? I thought we were friends.

Castor
Donator
Donator

Post by Castor » Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:24 am

Meh

Norcris

Post by Norcris » Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:20 pm

What about victory smite? It's definitely stronger than asuran fists. Honestly though I hope that one gets left alone since it's pretty much the only half decent thing MNK has going for it.

Bigsby

Post by Bigsby » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:59 am

I am not in favor of this. You have a server where people have basically unlimited merits (STR INT MND Maxed, weapon skill, magic skill ect ect) and you have alliances taking down the toughest content in the game with every single person wielding a relic weapon. Normalization of donation weapon skills is nothing in comparison to the things I just mentioned, and I think the donation weapons skills are a nice small perk for people who donate to the server (which needs donations). In my opinion, no need to touch these weapon skills unless this server is really trying to replicate retail era (in that case, lets start having to purchase hourglasses at 1 mil a pop for dyna runs).

Ryzan

Post by Ryzan » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:18 pm

I agree that they should be left alone personally.

Landsoul
Donator
Donator

Post by Landsoul » Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:13 am

Have always noticed since the unbuffing of relics and donation weaponskills were doing higher damage to their supposedly mirror counterparts. Relic weaponskills had Adoulin modifiers for years, but one day that was reverted back to 75 cap retail. Back to the donation weaponskills, SAM with Shoha particulary stood out, Shoha was doing much higher damage than YGK. Seeing how Relic weaponskills were "reverted" and "nerfed", so I can't say I couldn't see this coming. I knew this would eventually happen.

Knowone
Admin/Dev
Admin/Dev

Post by Knowone » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:35 pm

something i meant to do with the other weapon skills all at once but was a undertaking i was prepared to do and then forgot all about it as time went on plus other things always popping up they are now a copy of what they are supose to be with the exception of being opposite skillchain properties as the donation says they are