Windower 1 Click installer and config

Install and more!
Enko

Windower 1 Click installer and config

Post by Enko » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:35 pm

Hiyas again,

Saw some folks struggling with Windower this week so created yet another installer.

It installs all the necessary redistributes, opens the firewall for the App, Installs Windower and places a shortcut on your desktop.
Once done, open it and choose Era.
I have set the screen Res to 1366 x 768, you can change it in the app when it opens
Download the zip, unzip anywhere and right click.the "install.cmd" file and run as administrator
It will run out of the box

LINK https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gRVYIx ... sp=sharing

NOTE
This will install at c:\windower\

Elvenman

Re: Windower 1 Click installer and config

Post by Elvenman » Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:30 am

I have been gone for a couple months. I am back now and was having trouble with windower. I have installed this, and made the personal account changes, but every time I try to log on it opens PlayOnline Viewer. I already have the xiloader in the PlayOnline folder. Please help. thank you

SpoonMan

Re: Windower 1 Click installer and config

Post by SpoonMan » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:52 pm

First make sure all your various executable (.exe) files are set to Run as Administrator. Then you either need to;

A: Rename w/e launcher you are using with Windower (probably EraLauncher.exe) to 'pol.exe' and rename the REAL PlayOnline viewer pol.exe to absolutely anything else (but do not delete it because you will need it to run updates)

B: Open your Windower's settings.xml file in Notepad++ or similar editor and add the lines into w/e profile's settings you are using

Code: Select all

<args>--server ffera.com</args>
    <executable>xiloader.exe</executable>
just prior the last </profile> line and SAVE IT. It will look something similar to this (the highlighted lines)
Capture.PNG
a quick screencap of some generic Windower settings.xml code via Notepad++
Capture.PNG (8.02 KiB) Viewed 127 times