Pipe Dream

You know....For things that are...General
tab

Pipe Dream

Post by tab » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:39 pm

A fantasy of equipment merging has played in my head long enough that I wanted to write it down for posterity. Don't we all have those pieces of equipment that we think man this stat or bonus would be so great on X. I would be willing to give up Y which has said stat to have it on X.

Custom Synergy Equipment merge system!

Welcome to the Synergy Division branch. By offering up a piece of equipment to our fine synergists, we can break it down into it's various attribute parts. Unfortunately, we can only return one attribute in the form of a Hadean Tatter with said attribute or trait recorded into the parchment. (I.E. you give us a Ridill we'll give you back a parchment with "[Sword] Occasionally attacks 2-3 times" on it (Maybe. To be honest we might give you "[Sword] Dmg: 40" or "[Sword] Delay 236" instead. Go out there and get more Ridills until you get what you want!). We also need some cruor for our hard work, and 24 hours Earth time to make this happen. Sadly though there's some equipment we can't break down. Those are known as Artifact, relic, or Job specific armors. What's great though is you can combine up to 3 of these Hadean Tatters for a super special Soultrapper Z plate with the souls of any 3 Attributes or Traits you want from the Hadean Tatters you've collected! Of course, we need 72 Earth hours to make that happen along with even more cruor. Once you've assembled the bestaru badasstitude traits you can find bring us that Tatter or Soultrapper back along with a base piece of equipment you want to add it to. This time, any Equipment can be used as a base. However, only Tatters/Souls made from the same corresponding type of equipment can be added to a base (I.E. you can only add those Ridill attributes to another [Sword]). Also, we can only add new things or overwrite existing things (If you try to put Int+5 in a ring with +4 it's gonna make the ring +5 now not +9). This is a hard process for us to accomplish, so we're gonna need a week earth time to finish this time baby. I know, we wish we could work on more than one gig at a time for you but this is delicate work. The pro is you get some superkupa powers you couldn't before! But... now you need a lot more (ridill)s baby.

Thankfully, all those notorious monsters will be trembling from your new power... or, they would be but rumor has it a side effect of elemental energy leaking across vanadiel is notorious monsters are sometimes entering a new fury state. Beastmasters have seen this happen when they try to Tame a notorious monster shortly after entering battle. The notorious monsters become 1.5x stronger than before! Luckily, if you can find a team of adventurers to help you overcome their new found poweru you can also find they may be more susceptible to certain effects like Treasure hunter than they were before. Good luck out there mate, it's a wild wild west of synergistic affects.