Some overall server suggestions

You know....For things that are...General
Landsoul
Donator
Donator

Re: Some overall server suggestions

Post by Landsoul » Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:44 am

mikeonffxi wrote: I can’t really say much about this because I’m not really at a point in the game where I’m augmenting stuff. Some of them are way too powerful the way they are currently (I believe I saw haste: +10 on one, which is crazy af) but I’m not even sure how much this costs or anything so that’s really all I can say on this for now.

Haste +10 means actually 1% haste. I know this isn't very obvious to a new player but stats for haste is shown in decimals rather than real numbers.

Venom2019

Post by Venom2019 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:10 pm

#5 - I agree with you here, the economy here is completely out of control and something should change. When I was first leveling here I had to use hand-to-hand simply because I couldn’t even afford a basic level 10 sword for like 80,000 Gil. And armor, forget about it. I was fighting in the buff until I got my AF. Level 20 armor shouldn’t cost 100,000+ PER PIECE, if the endgame/level 75 gear is expensive that’s okay, but new players should be able to gear themselves adequately without going broke. An easy way to fix this would be adding custom NPCs (maybe use the outpost shop NPCs?) to sell level-appropriate gear at a good price, this would make it so that new players don’t have to be naked, but yet still allow endgame players to make millions of Gil from selling awesome gear, a win for everyone.

Totally agree. Custom NPCs selling gear with reasonable prices between levels 20-40 till ppl can start their AF quests.

Death

Post by Death » Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:26 pm

Venom2019 wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:10 pm

Totally agree. Custom NPCs selling gear with reasonable prices between levels 20-40 till ppl can start their AF quests.
This could be a very easy thing. Could put in some of the more common pieces on the NPC for cheap, gear pre AF that wouldn't mess with the crafters in terms of profits on that side. Could put it right on the guide stone.

Jedi

Post by Jedi » Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:11 pm

Venom2019 wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:10 pm
#5 - I agree with you here, the economy here is completely out of control and something should change. When I was first leveling here I had to use hand-to-hand simply because I couldn’t even afford a basic level 10 sword for like 80,000 Gil. And armor, forget about it. I was fighting in the buff until I got my AF. Level 20 armor shouldn’t cost 100,000+ PER PIECE, if the endgame/level 75 gear is expensive that’s okay, but new players should be able to gear themselves adequately without going broke. An easy way to fix this would be adding custom NPCs (maybe use the outpost shop NPCs?) to sell level-appropriate gear at a good price, this would make it so that new players don’t have to be naked, but yet still allow endgame players to make millions of Gil from selling awesome gear, a win for everyone.

There are npcs all over the world of vanadiel that sell low level gear and weapons super cheap. Like 1-10k for weapons and gear. When I level up a new job, still till this day I use those npcs for low level exping. Than once your past the levels of 1-20's You can just buy or get garrison gear. Garrison is 1-5k a piece on ah I think? It also drops from mobs in the Dunes. There are gear option for new players.

Run_Away

Post by Run_Away » Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:43 pm

Jedi wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:11 pm
You can just buy or get garrison gear. Garrison is 1-5k a piece on ah I think? It also drops from mobs in the Dunes. There are gear option for new players.
So the helm is dirt cheap however the other pieces are more expensive.... But yes they do drop from mobs in the dunes... Which usually means for your first job you will neither afford garrison or be able to solo the mobs until way past...

However, once you get one job leveled (overall pretty easy with exp buff and level sync) gear should be easier to obtain. On that note the goblin footprints are a great method for new players to get some quick gil, IF they know about them!

Death

Post by Death » Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:15 pm

Jedi wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:11 pm
There are npcs all over the world of vanadiel that sell low level gear and weapons super cheap. Like 1-10k for weapons and gear. When I level up a new job, still till this day I use those npcs for low level exping. Than once your past the levels of 1-20's You can just buy or get garrison gear. Garrison is 1-5k a piece on ah I think? It also drops from mobs in the Dunes. There are gear option for new players.
Ah that's right, been to long. Ya Garrison is easy to obtain, hell if you need help and see people on I'm sure they would take a few mins to help you out with easy stuff like that. I usually also help whoever grab their Sub job items/emp hairpin real quick while we are out there. Just ask some people most are really nice towards new players, we were all there once.

Knowone
Admin/Dev
Admin/Dev

Post by Knowone » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:55 am

iienji wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:51 pm
Personally I have a few issues with Era as it currently stands. This stems from my interpretation of the server goal, recreate 75 FFXI with Quality of Life improvements. I will be posting each thing I have an issue with and what I think about it. I understand the changes I want to see are VERY unpopular but I see it as an overall long term improvement. And hopefully by the time you finish reading this, you will too.

1) Custom Relics
I don't believe there should be custom stats on relics nor should there be custom relics for jobs that don't have one in game. Currently the relics are too powerful, especially the Claustrum. This makes the hardest content far easier than it should be. Also it fails to recreate a 75 FFXI experience and is instead a funserver interpretation thereof. The Iridial/Chatoyant Staff is more than powerful enough. BLU is more than powerful enough without a relic. SCH is more than powerful enough without a relic. All this does is upset the balancing of the game and fuels the ridiculous dynamis farms leading to the current dynamis-jeuno situation. Also with more and more ToAU content coming out we might see the capability of creating mythics which would require more work for less payoff than the current custom relics. My solution would be to remove custom stats and custom relics. They aren't needed, are overpowered, and do not recreate a 75 experience.

2) Mentor Mythics
I don't understand what possessed the admins to hand out a full mythic to a player who obtains a Maat's cap on a mentor character, but this is frankly idiotic. While leveling mentor is much more work than leveling a standard character, the draw of it is to be closer to the 75 experience and should only come with additional QoL perks. Not to mention the custom relics outshine the mythics, yes, but most relics do not; adding to the already horrible balancing. Also leveling 15 jobs to 66+ at 1x exp w/o pages and defeating Maat no where near matches the amount of work to make a mythic. For those of you who don't know here's a VERY abbreviated rundown of how it works: Obtain a special weapon from Nyzul Isle as a random drop from NMs. Unlock the mythic ws by doing ws points based on your progression through nyzul isle, complete toau missions, obtain captain mercenary rank, complete every assault twice, beat all three beastmen kings in aht urghan, farm 30,000 alexandrite from salvage, and farm a number of ichor from einherjar I don't remember. My suggestion would be to pull every completed mythic from every character. It's not fair to the general players, is often overpowered, and no where near reflects the proper amount of work it takes to unlock mythic.

3) Multiboxing
I don't understand why you would play a multiplayer game and multibox 3+ characters at once. I fully understand that it requires skill, but it does not foster teamwork and cooperation which are values FFXI was built from the ground up for. I can understand using a second character as the server population is low, but I think it should be limited to one main account, one alternate account, and one bazaar account tops. If you're struggling to complete content, make some friends, join a shell, but don't multibox everything. it's a terrible crutch and doesn't server to recreate the 75 experience. In the words of the Dark Souls players: git gud. My solution would be to limit each player to two active characters at most.

4) Augments
Augments are broken. The system was created as a means to sink gil out of circulation. Basically because old players were sitting upon millions upon millions of gil with nothing to spend it on the admins at the time introduced eggs and augments to get some of the money out of the players as well as circulate some of it to newer ones. This system has failed horribly especially since now augments via eggs are being phased out. The augments themselves are stupidly overpowered. +10 Store TP on the Walhra Turban is crazy brutal earrings with additional double attack, toreadors with triple attack. This further unbalances a server out of balance. And now it's worse because the cruor used to augment gear is even easier to obtain. Not to mention the only gear that could have been augmented is hard to obtain gear to begin with such as the scorpion harness +1 but not it's nq counterpart, which further exacerbates the problem. Where does the power creep stop? Furthermore this does not recreate a 75 experience. The augments were a bad idea and should go away. They don't sink gil not have they since they were first introduced, and are overpowered and broken. All of the augments should be removed.

5) Grumblix
For a server with a small active population, the economy is terrible. Inflation is through the roof, and most of it has to do with Grumblix. Originally Grumblix would ask for items normally used for activities that don't currently work like gardening. Now it's this weird system where players literally earn millions of gil through relatively easy means. Obtaining a skip item requires some work making it harder, but most of the time it's buy what he asks from the AH then give it to Grumblix for more gil than what you spent. While this sounds good in theory what it does is create inflation as the gil is basically being poofed into the economy from an external source. and while this is necessary to ensure there is gil in circulation, there need to be ways of getting the gil back out of circulation (called sinking) and right now effective means of that do not exist. A proper start to getting the server economy back on track would be begin with shutting the valve on this faucet of gil. My recommendation would be to reduce the scope of Grumblix. Don't remove him, but nerf the requests he makes and the gil he pays. Both are excessive and do more damage in the long run. I understand this is something of a QoL feature as earning money in game can be a chore and an influx of gil is needed, but it really needs to be toned down.

6) FoV and Exping in general
Lately the admins removed the the EXP buff from the moogles for anyone with a job above 70. While it was never intended to be up so long and was there as a reward for putting up with server instability, it's removal has revealed an issue with exping. Overall humans will choose the path of least resistance. Right now that path is to grind out EP mobs for book exp. While nothing inherently wrong with this, it does become an issue when you find out mentors cannot use books for exping. A large draw of exping with mentors is that they provide a stable level sync for long peroids of exp grinding. If all people want to do is the one thing mentors cannot do, what are they do do but multibox, which is a problem I mentioned earlier. There should be more incentive to fight IT mobs for exp and thus actually form functioning exp parties. My suggestion is twofold: first apply some limits to page exp; one can only obtain once per ingame day or make it less rewarding the more people are in your party/alliance. Secondly, remove the exp chain bonus cap. When you defeat mobs EM or higher you get a chain bonus, but at chain 5 or 6 this bonus caps out. With it's removal it makes it more rewarding for players to do more traditional grinding, as well as form well functioning exp parties, and fosters further cooperation between players. Secondly it leaves FoV an option for those who cannot get a party for a specific point in time.

7) Custom content
While I don't see this as an overall issue, here's the deal: Custom content should fulfill one of two purposes, ensure greater quality of life for players or provide a means for things which cannot be obtained otherwise, such as BCNMs that aren't currently coded. They should not be used to balance outside of SE's design for 75 Era, as this is against the scope of the server and the effort can be better used towards recreating the currently missing content. Custom content should be more of temporary scaffolding and not the building's foundation. My suggestion would be to review every piece of custom content and ask the questions: Does this improve QoL in a healthy way, or does this provide something that cannot be obtained otherwise? If the answer is no to both of these, it should be removed. It doesn't recreate a 75 experience with QoL improvements.

If you made it this far then thank you for reading this messily written lists of complaints/suggestions. I truly love playing FFEra, it is one of my favorite servers. i just want to see it improve, and I think if we pull the Band-Aid off right now, it will sting, but will be good for all of us overall in the long run. If you have suggestions of your own, leave them down below. Please try to be civil, and I will see you all in Vana'diel.

just gonna give my opinions on this and i would say all of these items are before my time as an admin but i have been a player here since 2014. So here goes
1. agree to an extent, believe relics that jobs had should been left alone and toau jobs given a relic with just adding a ws an aftermath and the occasional 2.5 damage. i dont think it was codable back when they were introdusced but they are now

2. completely agree - your reward is the jobs you leveled and your maats cap

3. agree to a degree. I would say 3 chars to party 1 in bazaar. But guess what you cant limit it, there is nothing you can do

4. agree, if they were to be put into the game they should have followed SE's design in what augs went to what armor/weapons. as it stands now its too late to change

5. hate that fucking money printing gob, took me 6 months of complaining to get the gill rewards removed but i voted for a complete removal. So action was taken and now is not a 2 reward system, its there to remove items from the game in exchange for points only

6. my 2 cents: remove the 4x to book reward xp and let mentors use also. you can book and get the original xp with 4x from mobs if non mentor or 1x /mob if mentor and everyone can party together for lower xp. or go for high level prey and everyone makes more

7. this one is unclear what custom content is a problem? obtaining a base mythic weapon? its the only thing i can think of, nyzul is too far off and this is my way of getting people a way to collect WS's

so in conclusion these are just my opinions and most of this stuff has been around so long it cant be changed at this point becuase of player accomplishment and times used to get.
only thing really i see being able to be changed is my xp idea, but im gonna say 100% of poeople not mentor will belly ache and 100% of mentors will be estatic becuase of path of least resistance and thats all people ever really care about.

Venom2019

Post by Venom2019 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:20 pm

Please consider lowering death penalty to retail or 2x top. I just lost 5k with r1 up at level 67. I know getting xp is easier than retail but losing 10k xp per death at 67 makes dying in here a way to encourage stop playing.

Castor
Donator
Donator

Post by Castor » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:16 am

Does moghancement experience work? I don't see the rates themselves being changed but if beds worked like retail it could make the loss less painful if you work towards it.

mikeonffxi
Donator
Donator

Post by mikeonffxi » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:42 am

2. completely agree - your reward is the jobs you leveled and your maats cap
If the only reward for playing mentor is just the jobs you level, then why do mentor in the first place? Even if the mentor mythics get removed once they’re properly implemented into the game, there needs to be something to make the grind worth it and at the current time there doesn’t seem to be much of a reason to do it, especially since the moogle shops already had many items removed from them already.

Not arguing for or against the mythics specifically but there needs to be SOME reason to play mentor, and just having flee while you’re in towns isn’t really worth it. TL;DR we need more reasons to play mentor, not less.

Also I agree about the death penalty, it’s absurd and needs to be lowered. Went from 75+ a full EXP buffer down to almost level 73 in about two hours the other day doing missions, it’s a lot especially when you lose EXP in places where you’re not supposed to like in mission BC instances