Language Settings

You know....For things that are...General
Rubyheart

Language Settings

Post by Rubyheart » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:12 pm

Hello. I just installed FFEra with the full installer. I did everything correct via instructions got into the game and i realized everything was in Japanese. Is there a way to change the default language localization to English?

Enko

Re: Language Settings

Post by Enko » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:20 am

Hi,

Can you be more specific when you say everything is in Japanese, that would normally require the JP version, which is not present in the full installer. Do you have JP language in your operating system?

You can make 1 simple change to quickly change languages on your NA version into all Japanese menus and JPN input.
You can't mix the two though. It is either all English, or all Japanese, but you need the NA version of PlayOnline to support English, and the JPN version of PlayOnline to support the Japanese language menus, NPC speech, input, etc. The NA release data files are the same for FFXI as the Japanese release.

The way to change the language over is to install the Japanese version of PlayOnline, and patch it. When you are done, simply add or change the registry key that points PlayOnline to FFXI.

Enko
Last edited by Enko on Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rubyheart

Post by Rubyheart » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:31 am

simply put. The screen log in where you accept the games terms upon launching is in Japanese. Selection of game also in Japanese. Which in game. The menus items and NPC's all show in Japanese. I got tired of fiddling around with it. So I uninstalled everything and redownloaded the installer again. How ever this second time around everything has appeared in English. I am thinking it had something to do with the game its self screwing up in localization. Until I replicate this problem on another computer I am going to chalk it up to a random fluke. How ever if I can replicate it multiple times I will return here and post more in dept details from what i find and possible solutions if some one else comes past this odd ball of a problem.

Enko

Post by Enko » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:33 am

New one on me bro :) Okies let me know if anything else happens.

krystinek

Post by krystinek » Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:37 pm

Any updates Rubyheart? I just connected to Era but part of the character creation was English and part JP. In game, text is Japanese and so are menus, but NPC's are English. I need everything English.

Enko

Post by Enko » Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:45 am

In Ashita, try this
lang2.PNG
lang2.PNG (20.7 KiB) Viewed 614 times

krystinek

Post by krystinek » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:11 am

Unfortunately, I use Windower and the closest thing is setting Region to North America, which hasn't changed anything.

Enko

Post by Enko » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:37 am

Last time I saw this it needed a re-install bro